Senior Python/Django Developer
We are looking for a Senior Python Developer with real passion for building next-generation web applications to join our back-end team. As a developer at Elements Interactive, you will work in a diverse team and implement rock solid and innovative solutions to create high quality web applications.
WHO WE ARE
We are an enthusiastic team of over 50 professionals from all around the world, who share the love for technology and a ‘can do’ attitude. From our offices in Almere and Barcelona we work on a variety of projects for clients like Philips, Sanoma, KPN, McDonald's, Telfort, KRO and many more.
Our current Back-End tech stack is Python, Django, Postgres, Nginx, Memcached, Redis, RabbitMQ, Ansible.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will play an important role in making estimates and defining architecture, defining the structure for our projects and coming up with technical solutions. Most of the time, you will design and code these technical solutions, but testing your own work and the work of others is of course also involved. You will assist in defining database and (web) application design. Furthermore, as a Senior, you will support our Head of Technology and will be the go-to person in the development team. You will breathe the Elements Interactive's way of working and you will always be encouraged to make suggestions to improve it. Last but not least, we would love to see that you have a natural drive to stay up to speed with the latest technological innovations.
WHAT YOU NEED
- At least a Bachelor degree in a related field
- At least 3 years experience as a Python developer, preferably also with Django
- Excellent coding skills and solid experience with relevant large-scale projects
- Knowledge of Front-End technologies
- Ability to architect an application from start to finish
- Experience in working the Scrum way
- Ability to coach and support team members during projects
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Go-getter attitude, creative, flexible, accurate
- Strong personality that knows how to approach and motivate people
- You will be a part of our highly technically oriented team of developers, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with lunch, snacks and unlimited freshly ground coffee every day
- You will have flexible working hours and a possibility to occasionally work from home
- We encourage you to visit events and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and gain new skills
- And to top it off, what would work be like without fun? You could get your fair share at our regular company events and Friday beer & game afternoons, or by diving into the nostalgia of your childhood on our arcade machine
Do you see yourself in these words? Then we'd love to hear from you.